Vanguard OTE Consortium Selects Biome Makers for Soil Health Monitoring in Ambitious Climate-Smart Agriculture Project
by Jamie Nix on Nov 9, 2023 9:04:53 AM
Biome Makers and Vanguard OTE Consortium Empower Mississippi Farmers with Innovative Soil Health Solutions in USDA Climate Commodities Project.
- Collaboration and USDA Climate Deal: Biome Makers will collaborate with Vanguard OTE Consortium for SmartAgGro Pilot’s (5) Climate for Practices for Underserved Producers in Mississippi under the USDA’s Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities.
- Sustainability and Impact: SmartAgGro Pilot’s Pilot aims to empower 270 underserved producers with technology and insights to improve their farmland practices and become more competitive in the agriculture industry.
- Leadership in Soil Health Monitoring: BeCrop Technology will offer the project reliable soil health data, enhancing measurement, reporting, and verification (MMRV) processes while enabling customized soil management strategies for optimal outcomes.
Biome Makers, a leading soil health intelligence company, is thrilled to announce a collaboration with Vanguard OTE Consortium. This groundbreaking partnership will see Biome Makers providing soil health and functionality insights to support the SmartAgGro Pilot’s five (5) Climate for Practices for Underserved Producers in Mississippi under the USDA’s Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities. This project aims to provide 270 Underserved Producers access to technology and intel to improve their farming practices and help them become more competitive in the agriculture industry.
"BeCrop® empowers farmers to uncover the vast potential of soil nutrient availability, optimize their agricultural practices, and increase on-farm ROI," said Adrian Ferrero, co-founder and CEO at Biome Makers. "By supporting Vanguard OTE Consortium and the SmartAgGro Pilot, we are not only enhancing the livelihoods of Underserved Producers but also contributing to a more resilient and competitive agricultural industry. This collaboration reinforces our commitment to innovation, sustainability, and making a positive impact on the world."
As the exclusive partner chosen by Vanguard OTE Consortium, this agreement firmly establishes Biome Makers as a leader in monitoring soil health and crop performance. The collaboration signifies a significant milestone, as Vanguard OTE Consortium recognizes the exceptional capabilities of BeCrop® technology and its potential to make a transformative impact in the agricultural sector.
"We are thrilled to have Biome Makers on board as a valued partner in our transformative project. Their expertise in microbiome analysis and agricultural innovation is pivotal in advancing our mission,” states Gregory Hudson Biome Makers will be crucial in conducting in-depth microbiome analysis, offering invaluable insights into soil health, and actively contributing to our training and education initiatives. With their support, we will drive innovation, foster sustainable farming practices, and empower Mississippi's underserved producer community with cutting-edge knowledge."
Benefits of BeCrop® Technology for Vanguard OTE Consortium:
- Reliable Soil Health Data: BeCrop® Technology provides accurate assessments of beneficial microorganisms, nutrient cycling pathways, and disease risks, equipping Vanguard OTE Consortium with reliable soil health data to inform critical decision-making processes.
- Enhanced Measurement, Reporting, and Verification (MMRV): BeCrop® Technology delivers comprehensive data on soil biology, improving MMRV processes and fostering stakeholder engagement, thereby ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Customized Soil Management Strategies: With BeCrop® Technology, Vanguard OTE Consortium can identify areas that require attention and evaluate the effectiveness of climate-smart practices, enabling them to tailor soil management strategies for optimal outcomes.
- Improved Sustainability: BeCrop® Technology enables the assessment of progress towards soil health targets, promotes ecosystem services, and ensures the long-term viability of agricultural practices, fostering a more sustainable agricultural landscape.
Biome Makers is truly excited about the possibilities that lie ahead through this partnership with Vanguard OTE Consortium. By collaborating on this significant project under the USDA's Partnerships for Climate-Smart Commodities, Biome Makers reaffirms its commitment to sustainability and supporting underserved producers in their journey towards climate-smart agriculture.
Biome Makers invites any other organizations involved in climate-smart agriculture projects to leverage BeCrop® technology and unlock the full potential of their sustainability initiatives.
About Biome Makers
Founded in the Bay Area of California in 2015, Biome Makers is one of the foremost global AgTech leaders, setting the standard in soil health with BeCrop® technology. Built on industry-leading AgTech expertise and driven by data and science, Biome Makers connect soil biology to agricultural decision-making to optimize farming practices and reverse the degradation of arable soils. With labs across the globe, customers on 4 continents, and 1M+ acres of land impacted, Biome Makers revitalizes soil functionality and agricultural sustainability worldwide. For more information, visit https://biomemakers.com/
About Vanguard OTE Consortium
Vanguard (OTE) Consortium accelerates economic capacity building to transform lives through regional partnerships. Vanguard (OTE) was formed in 2014 as a 501(c)3 Non-Profit in Texas. We are committed to developing and implementing solutions to problems that assist communities shape and exercise control over their physical, social, economic, and cultural environments. Our impact drivers include:
- Creating a common vision for the future.
- Promoting inclusion and social justice.
- Building the skills and confidence of individuals and groups.
- Enhancing community decision making and problem-solving processes.
- Implementing practical strategies for creating change.