At BIOME MAKERS INC. we are especially aware of the confidentiality of the personal data provided to us by the web page, and by means of this policy, we inform the user on data protection, as well as on their rights.
Therefore, and under the Data Protection General Regulation of the European Union (GDPR) (UE) 2016/679 of the European Union and of the Council of the 27th of April 2016, and in response to the principle of transparency, we make available information pertaining the treatment of personal data, in order to make known at any time, how we process data, to the purpose and the corresponding rights.
Responsible for the processing:
BIOME MAKERS INC. (hereon THE RESPONSIBLE), a Delaware corporation addressed at 890 Embarcadero Drive West Sacramento, California 95605, United States, and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principles applied in data processing
When processing your personal data, the following principles will be applied, which are in line with the requirements of the new European Data Protection Regulation:
- Principle of legality, loyalty and transparency: The Owner will always require consent for the processing of your personal data which may be for one or more specific purposes about which he will inform you in advance with absolute transparency.
- Data minimization principle: The RESPONSIBLE will only ask you for the data strictly necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it is requested.
- Principle of conservation period limitation: The data shall be kept for the time strictly necessary for the purpose(s) of the processing. The Data Subject will inform you of the corresponding conservation period according to the purpose. In the case of subscriptions, the Data Subject will periodically review the lists and delete those records that have been inactive for a considerable time.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality: Your data will be treated using the appropriate commercially reasonable measures in such a way to ensure its security, confidentiality, and integrity. You should know that the RESPONSIBLE takes the necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized access or misuse of their users' data by third parties.
We do not target, market to, or knowingly collect PI from children under the age of thirteen.
THE RESPONSIBLE has collected the personal data object of the processing, through different channels:
- Provided voluntarily by the data holder, whether through web application, electronic mail, telephone, or contract, so as to request any kind of information or formalization and/or acquisition of services or products.
- From sources accessible to the public and/or public registers, and whenever there is a legitimate interest on behalf of
- Information sent to us automatically by your web browser, which includes your IP address, and your response to an electronic communication from us, such as by opening an e-mail, or clicking on a link in our newsletter.
Description of the purpose of the processing
THE RESPONSIBLE will process their data, so as to respond to the requests made through this website, in addition, if they give their consent to forward information of commercial and/or advertising manner by the usual communication channels. Notwithstanding, this consent, may be canceled at any time through the means provided to this avail.
We will process your data for commercial, administrative, accounts, marketing communications (like webinars participation, newsletters, surveys, etc...) and tax management in accordance with the regulations in force and depending on the information provided and the authorization granted.
The personal data provided will be retained while the relationship with the entity is kept, and the interested party does not request its deletion. They will be retained within the legal terms set and depending on the purpose they were collected for.
In the event the interested party has subscribed voluntarily to commercial communications, newsletters, advertising, etc. to be sent, the data will remain until the interested party unsubscribes to the mentioned communications.
Intellectual and Industrial Property rights arising from all text, images, and media and presentation forms and assembly of our website belong, either directly or through licensing, to THE RESPONSIBLE. They are therefore protected as intellectual property under the Spanish legal system, both Spanish and EU regulations in this area shall apply, such as international treaties on the matter signed by Spain.
All rights reserved. In compliance with the Law on Intellectual Property, the reproduction, distribution, public communication and use of all or part of the contents of this website without the express consent of THE RESPONSIBLE is expressly prohibited.
The basis on which the personal data processing is sustained on behalf of THE RESPONSIBLE is stipulated in:
- The mere request on behalf of the interested party of any kind of information.
- For the possible subscription to receive commercial communications by express consent.
- Formalizing the commercial relationship, resulting from the acquisition of products and/or services.
- Legitimization due to the execution of a contract.
For the duration of the interested party's data processing, THE RESPONSIBLE, will not transfer the data to third parties, unless there is a legal obligation.
In the cases when the processing is of administrative, tax, accounts and/or commercial kind, carried out by third parties, the mandatory contract of data processor will be drawn up, to ensure the security and confidentiality of the interested party's data before third parties.
International Data Transfers
THE RESPONSIBLE informs that the following transfers of data to the USA are foreseen with the guarantee of the existence of a decision of adequacy of the Commission, "Privacy Shield" with the following purposes:
- Parent company "Biome Makers Inc" with the guarantee and legal basis of binding corporate rules within the business group.
- Administrative and commercial management of information in the cloud, through Google LLC tools, more information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
- Administrative and commercial management of information in the cloud, through Amazon.com, Inc. tools, more information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOWQAA4
- Backup of data in the cloud, through Dropbox Inc., more information:
Your european economic area (EEA) data protection rights
Data subject rights
Data subjects protected by the GDPR have the right to make certain requests with respect to their personal data controlled by Biome Makers, and to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Right to information
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to object
- Right to object to automated processing
- Right to be forgotten
- Right for data portability
Period for which personal data will be stored
- Please see "Data Retention", above