Head of Finance and Strategy
Location: Valladolid, Spain
We are looking for a Head of Finance and Strategy who will lead the finance, accounting and administration departments globally and play a critical role in the leadership team to support our growth and become the global startup assessing soil bioactivity.
You will report directly to the founders and support financial planning and decisions, fundraising and investor relations, Board interactions and also overall business monitoring and reporting.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, taxes, and financial reporting.
- Owning the business plan in collaboration with the rest of the organization.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital planning and financing options to support company growth needs, specially related to fundraising, leading or supporting investor relationships.
- Produce and analyze regular financial results and statements, management reporting and provide materials and recommendations for the Board.
- Managing two different accounting jurisdictions, including US and Spain.
- Establish the financial KPIs and ensuring a KPI-driven culture in the rest of the organization.
- Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Analytical support to CPO for definition of business model and pricing.
- Assess potential risks for the business and proactively mitigate.
- Passion for innovation, agriculture and technology.
- Experience in Finance, with at least 4+ years in a managerial capacity, ideally at a high-growth, mission-driven startup, investment banking or tier 1 consulting firm.
- Excellent creative thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work well independently and in a team environment while staying self-motivated and flexible.
- Bachelor´s/Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business.
- You are excellent in English and Spanish.
- Flexibility to travel to the US to support investor relationship and founders.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- You are a maker, the moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done.
You might also have:
- People love to come talk to you! You feel completely comfortable interacting with people through all parts of the organization, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to motivate and inspire.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with experience succeeding in a fast-paced environment.
- High integrity, ethical, with ability to act with discretion in sensitive matters.
- A can-do “make it happen” attitude: you are comfortable making decisions and you would never say “That’s not my job!”.
- You want to make an impact, and don’t shy away from challenges.
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun are musts!
We´d love to hear from you! Send your LinkedIn URL and resume to email@example.com