VP of Business Development
Location: West Sacramento, CA
We are looking for a visionary VP of Business Development to secure and scale the growth of the revenues and startup reputation. You will provide direction and planning for the company specially focus in commercialization and oversee the workings of the company.
You will report directly to the founders and working closely with the entire team, being in charge of expanding Biome Makers´ business across different geographies.
This is the chance to boost your career and develop your skills in one of the fast-growing companies in AgTech. We need brains, ambition, and passion to continue helping farmers everywhere to maintain their soils alive and productive.
For us location is not so relevant, as we believe in the power of distributed teams. You will start at the Sacramento office then will have the ability to move once the setup allows it.
- Lead company’s planning and execution of strategies to increase sales and company growth.
- Write and review contracts and oversee the formation of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts.
- Secure contracts with new customers, as well as manage ongoing contracts. You also write proposals for new and existing clients, identify and set company goals, and create plans to achieve goals.
- Produce and analyze regular commercial and sales reporting and provide strategic recommendations for the board.
- Provide analytical support to CPO for definition of business model and pricing.
- Manage business development, sales, account management and marketing staff.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Passion for sales, innovation, agriculture and technology.
- Strong background and demonstrated experience in sales and business development in a B2B setting, particularly working with senior level decision makers, and consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Motivated, ambitious and possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong business sense, industry expertise, and connections in agri-food business.
- Strong negotiation skills and must be analytical problem solver.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Flexibility to travel, as you will be meeting client prospects.
- You are fluent in English (Spanish is a plus).
- You are a maker, the moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done.
You might also have:
- Track record of high achievements, ambition, deal closing, a can-do “make it happen” attitude.
- Believe that great teams are better than all-star players, collaboration make us better.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- You want to make an impact, and don’t shy away from challenges.
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun are musts!
We´d love to hear from you! Send your LinkedIn URL and resume to email@example.com